Wow! This month has been cRaZy! Of course, we were in Phoenix for the Dunn Wedding on the 8th. We drove home on Sunday, the 9th- my actual birthday- and surprisingly Brandon and my mom had orchestrated my first ever surprise party. I was so caught off guard- as you can tell by my outfit...

But we had a great time with our friends. And it made for a wonderful birthday.
But we had a great time with our friends. And it made for a wonderful birthday.
Then we drove back to Phoenix on Wednesday, the 12th to leave the boys with Grandma Arlene and fly to Hawaii early on the morning of the 13th. This was my first trip away from the boys for more than a day or two. I really missed them alot! But, I had a great time and would not have been able to things we did with 2 young boys in tow. Speaking of things that we did... We stayed on Oahu at Waikiki Beach. We were able to get to Haunama Bay to snorkel- the most beautiful picturesque location we went to.
We also rented a car and drove to North Shore for the day. I didn't get to the beach- although Brandon and the rest of the group went on to the beach where the waves were 10-12 feet high (They were up to 30 feet high the day before!). While the others were at the beach I was able to catch up with April- a dear friend from my childhood and church. I visited with her and her husband and their two beautiful boys at their favorite Mexican restaurant- Cholos. April clued us in on a short hike to a waterfall, which we all went to together.
Back in Waikiki we also rented surfboard paddleboards and hung out on the beach, we rented mopeds and cruised the coastal byway (We found out later that double riding on a moped is illegal in Hawaii... oops!), we also had an opportunity to parasail. In between the activities we hung out on the beach and soaked in all of the waves and sun possible.
Before we knew it, it was time to return to reality and leave our little paradise. We swore to each other that we would get back someday when the boys get bigger. A few thoughts to sum up turning 30- I know many people dread the big 3-0 but I embrace this number... I finally feel like I know who I really am and what I really want. I can appreciate the sacrifices my mom has made to help me become the woman that I am. I realize that friends and family are what matter most and I strive to keep them close to my heart.
Thank you to Grandma Arlene for taking care of our boys and allowing us the opportunity to enjoy being Brandon and Raquel- don't get me wrong we love being Mommy and Daddy but it was nice to enjoy each other for a while.
Thank you to Grandma RaRa for running the business and doing the numerous deliveries and pick-ups, as well as taking care of our house and two pets that come with it.
Happy Birthday to me! I love you all...
1 comment:
I am glad you had such a fun time. I was sure great to see you and catch up.
Happy 30!!!
Post a Comment