8.24.2009

Austin's first day of kindergarten

Can you believe it? Austin started kindergarten this year. He's at a great school and has an awesome teacher. So far, Austin is doing great- he's making friends, following the rules and doing well on his school work. Oh... but let me tell you about his first day! So, Brandon stayed home from work so that we could all take Austin to school as a family (of 5!!- thought I would throw that in there :)). So, Natalee was up alot the night before and so in the morning Brandon took the boys downstairs and let me stay in bed and sleep. For some reason, I jolted out of bed at 8:15 and expected to see the kids dressed and getting ready to go- they weren't... Brandon thought school started at 10:00! What school starts at 10:00? Anyway- it starts at 9:00 and we all needed to get ready and into the car. At 8:45 we all buckle into the van and... it won't start! Are you kidding me?? (There's an "I-told-you-so" story in there but I'll keep that one to myself). So, I get Austin and him and I jump in Brandon's truck and drive down the road to the school, where we make it through the gates 2 minutes before the bell rings. What a crazy morning! Needless to say, after I got home, Brandon ran up to the auto parts store and picked up a new battery, threw it in the van and we were ready to go when it was time to pick Austin up. He had a great day and Nathan was glad to see him!

No comments: